Monday 20 January 2020

Ballachurry Reserve, 20th January 2020 - incidental report

This should have been a recording visit but my plans were thwarted and I didn't reach the reserve until about 3 p.m.  Three o'clock on a cloudy day in January isn't very conducive to either seeing or photographing very much, but I needed some fresh air and enjoyed my quick walk round anyway. This was more of a recce ahead of tomorrow's work party, in fact, but here is what I saw:

Birds:

SC209694 ( hide) pair of Mallard; Blue Tit; c. 30 Goldfinch flying over.
SC208694 ( through willows and the compost area)  male and female Chaffinches; Goldcrest; 2 x Blue Tit; Great Tit;  5 x Wood Pigeons flying over.
SC208695 ( old beehive loop) male and female Chaffinches.
SC209695 ( near where stream enters reserve) female Pheasant.

Perhaps I'll have another opportunity for a longer, earlier visit later in the week.