Friday 10 January 2020

Saturday Work party cancelled

Happy New Year to you all!

This is not the sort of post I had hoped to start with in 2020 but unfortunately the weather forecast for tomorrow morning is for gale force winds + outbreaks of rain "heavy at times". Coupled with the fact that some of our regular volunteers are unable to come along anyway, I have decided to cancel our work party.

Unfortunately I have other commitments for the two following Saturdays so can't simply postpone the work party until a better Saturday comes along.  I am therefore considering the possibility of a weekday morning. It won't be this coming week as the weather remains unsettled but Tuesday 21st or Wednesday 22nd are possibilities, subject of course to the weather yet again. I have asked our regular volunteers to contact me to see if this is feasible.

Looking through the window right now there is sunshine and not a breath of wind! It's a pity I can't visit the reserve today to do a recording visit but unfortunately this is not possible. Ah well! 

Enjoy your weekend whatever the weather!