Saturday 21 April 2018

Ballachurry Reserv 21st April 2018

Another evening stroll...........

an inviting bench in the evening sun
I had to drive past the reserve at 5 o'clock this evening and  stopped to take another walk around for an hour. This time I was lucky and heard  at least one Sedge Warbler from the reed bed near the hide. Here is the complete list:

Birds: 

SC209693 Sedge Warbler heard but not seen; Wren; Robin; male Blackcap
SC209694 female Blackcap
SC210694 male Blackcap sitting on bridge hand rail; 2 x Blue Tit
SC208694 male Blackcap
SC 209695 Willow Warbler
SC208695 2 x Chaffinch ( pair)

Other:

SC209694 5 x Small Tortoiseshell butterflies together having territorial dispute
SC209694 Peacock butterfly basking on concrete below Ginnie's bench

this should have been a perfect shot but I think I was too excited!
Black cap

not much better!
composite shot of male Blackcap in   willow tree

female Blackcap

years ago I watched Ginnie's family lay this slab to put the
memorial bench on and predicted  that the butterflies would love it!

one of 5 Small Tortoiseshell

noisy Wren landed nearby while I was listening to Sedge Warbler

I think this one is a Willow Warbler

again a cloudless April sky

we hope this area might be a  damp flower meadow one day
A lovely evening stroll round a beautiful reserve.