Tuesday 10 April 2018

Ballachurry Reserve, 8th April 2018.

I returned to the reserve the day after our work party to drop off something at the Hide. As you know, I always try to take binoculars and camera with me, however short the intended visit, "just in case". This quick 5 minutes turned into 20 because there was so much about. I didn't note everything, but here are the highlights:

SC 209694 2 x  singing Willow Warblers seen from the hide. 3 x Mallard drakes.
SC209693  pair of Blackcaps; Chiffchaff/ Willow Warbler; male Reed Bunting.
SC209694 Robin; Magpie;
SC208694 Chiffchaff/ Willow Warbler
SC209695 7-spot Ladybird ( aka "Old Faithful" because it has been there some weeks now)
I usually manage to spot this 7-spot somewhere
on the same gorse bush every visit

my first sighting of a Blackcap at the Reserve this year

I just kept clicking

I was some distance away

but gradually crept closer

last view in the willows before flying off
 into the brambles opposite

not the most flattering view of his Missus,
but a record shot nonetheless

Male Reed Bunting
I seem to be getting  regular sightings of these at the Reserve lately
All in all, 20 minutes well spent.