Saturday 21 April 2018

Ballachurry Reserve 20th April, 2018.


late afternoon stroll at Ballachurry

About half past ten on Friday morning I received a text message from my husband saying he had heard both  Sedge Warblers and a Grasshopper Warbler at Ballachurry Reserve. How annoying!  I couldn't go down there to join him and it was 4 p.m. before I managed to walk round the reserve. I did hear a brief snatch of Grasshopper Warbler, but no sounds from the Sedge Warblers. Nevertheless it was lovely to walk round in the late afternoon sunshine and I recorded the following birds:

Birds:

SC208694 Swift over head - first I've seen this year; male Blackcap in the willows; Willow Warbler seen singing
SC208694  ( near boardwalk) 2 x Long Tailed Tits; Wren. Grasshopper Warbler heard.
SC209694 3 x Swallows came down and dipped into the pond + Wren  ( seen from hide)  Willow Warbler seen  singing; Chiffchaff?
SC209693 Robin; pair of Blackcap
SC208695  Dunnock?

Other:

SC 209694  Peacock Butterfly; Small Tortoiseshell Butterfly
SC209695 Water Crickets


Chiffchaff ?

Dunnock, I think, but the angle is a bit odd and not the best light

female Blackcap

several shots follow of a Long Tailed Tit
It was ringed








Swift

Peacock Butterfly

Small Tortoiseshell

Water Crickets

not a cloud in the sky